Pages

Sabado, Agosto 17, 2013

Long Walk with BEAST

I became interested with Beast during Shock era. That was also the time when they came here to do a charity concert with Kim Hyun Joong. Although I was really hesitant at first to get to know them because I was exposed to people who had this thing called 'loyalty' to their bias group but because I listened a lot to their songs, it would be a shame to continually ignore them...and so one day I just found myself watching their documentaries and other variety shows. After watching all those, I became one with them. I felt Junhyung's pain when he said that people should not judge based on their past, why not give them some chance to showcase their talents first before judging them. I cried with them & dreamed with them. It was then that I decided to take that long walk with them towards success. They say B2st used that 'pity card' to pull fans over their side, that can be true because its a given fact that people usually cheer for the underdogs. But having pity alone wont make me stay in the fandom for this long. True, I felt their hardship and I pity them for experiencing such an unfortunate past but if I havent seen something in them, why would I even be a fan in the first place? They won me over because I saw that unexplained determination in them, something that tells me these guys will succeed in the future. I felt their courage to climb those pedestals and make themselves worthy of respect from everyone. Maybe they were not a bunch of those talented artists yet at that time plus coupled with a 'not so good' past but their hardwork and attitude seemed to tell me even that early that they will be one of the most talented & popular idol groups in kpop. Until now, never did I felt dissapointed nor discouraged because they always do things accordingly. They had always been a good example even through imperfections and mistakes. What made me admire them more is their courage to scold fans when they made mistakes and had been out of the line. Some Idols are hesitant to reprimand fans because they're afraid of losing them. But Beast wasnt, I can still remember Yoseob's words about illegal downloaders that still rings a bell to me even until now. I was taken aback when I read it back then, scary for a fact that I did downloaded illegally and the guilt feeling after lingered. ("If you download illegally, its like you spit on to something that was produced with our own sweat and blood." -Yoseob). That kind of reprimand is something that I only hear from hin eversince I became a kpop fan. They always remind fans to act accordingly in everything they do, to be diligent in their studies and to be hardworking. That's why I find it really hard to get to know other groups after them. There are a lot of interesting groups who caught my eyes but after some time of getting to know I find myself withdrawing because of something I find lacking or discouraging. I want a group who will not only give me entertainment, who will not only inspire me because they have handsome faces and catchy songs. I want a group who will make a difference in my life through their story. Who will keep me alive with passion even when they are not the funniest or the most good-looking but because they are real and they are someone I can be proud of talent wise & personality wise. For more than three years of being a fan, I witnessed Beast growth as an artist but amidst all the recognitions, they had always stay grounded and humble. Fans of other fandoms, colleagues, workers behind the camera have always good words to say about them may it be with their attitude or talent. I am always overwhelmed whenever I hear all these praises for I am not merely a fan of Beast, I am a part of them. They shared so many life lessons to every fans. They taught me how to deal with haters. While I am butthurt and about to rage when I read hate comments, Beast handle it all in a positive way saying that those criticisms are helpful in improving themselves more. Beast also taught me how to value respect. When they were starting off as a group, they were deprived of respect and was even labeled as 'recycled'. Since they were aware of how hard-earned respect is for people like them, they were really gracious in showing everyone how respectful they are may it be their seniors or juniors. And even after being popular, they still are humble and respectful to everyone just as what Youngsaeng said in an interview. Indeed if you know how to respect others, you will be respected just the same. They also taught me the value of hardwork and perseverance, that everything can be improved through constant practice. I have Dongwoon as my living example for that matter. I am really proud to say that he has improved a lot and didnt just rely on his good looks to cover up his lacking before. Who would have thought he will sound like that today. That is because he was never satisfied, he knew he was lacking and he constantly works hard to improve himself so he can face everyone with head up high and say he is an idol and he can sing and dance just like the rest. I am indeed proud to have known a group who is definitely worth stanning for.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento